ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] Reaction to Bertrand de la Chapelle

  • To: gnso-acc-sgb@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] Reaction to Bertrand de la Chapelle
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 00:48:55 -0700

Wout and all sgb members,

  I agree that for third part access, as a sector, the public sector is
likely the best choice.  However your suggestion of ENISA
http://www.enisa.europa.eu/ as strictly an EU organization in which
several of it's member states are on the USTR's 301 list, gives myself
and I am sure many U.S. registrants, a few U.S. government depts.,
and other non EU private sector business entities  some trepidation
at a minimum, not to mention some non EU LEA's.

  However there seems to be some sgb members here whom are
more interested and entrenched in the idea that the private sector
is a better sector by which third part access to private Whois data
is to be granted or otherwise allowed with yet to be defined, decided,
or recognized restrictions and/or rules by which such unrestricted
access will be allowed and/or effected.

http://www.enisa.europa.eu/

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827