ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] Additional Proposal

  • Subject: Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] Additional Proposal
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:19:41 -0400

Margie Milam wrote:
All:

Attached is an additional proposal which provides access for service providers that use WHOIS for legitimate purposes. There may be some cross-over with respect to other proposals, but I added specifics to address the unique aspects related to service providers.

This is just broad enough to include most everyone. I didn't read it any further than "self certify that they offer anti-fraud services".

Tucows.com, our shareware download service, provides anti-fraud software for download - would this allow us to legitimately self-certify?

We could just make this easier on everyone and instead give everyone unfettered access to all of our sensitive customer data as long as they self-certify that they won't do bad things with the data.

I think this proposal needs some further refinement before it merits serious consideration.

-ross