ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] RE: [gnso-whois-wg] Phish statistics

  • To: <pcain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-acc-sgb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] RE: [gnso-whois-wg] Phish statistics
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 11:55:28 -0400

Remember, its not just whether "whois" is used, it's whether its DNS (as
opposed to IP) whois and whether the sensitive fields shielded by the
OPoC recommendation are used.

Dr. Milton Mueller
http://www.digital-convergence.org
http://www.internetgovernance.org

>>> "Patrick Cain" <pcain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 05/16/07 10:55 AM >>>
Hi,

I am unaware of any such specific correlating statistic.
The APWG has been leading an informal group to document the various uses
of
Whois data in phishing detection and mitigation.  As soon as I get the
ok
from the authors, I'll forward it to the group as background
information.

Pat Cain