ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

[gnso-acc-sgb] LEA's access, GAO Reports about Information Management FBI

  • To: gnso wg-sgb <gnso-acc-sgb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-acc-sgb] LEA's access, GAO Reports about Information Management FBI
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 02:58:45 -0700

All sgb members,

  How do we rectify that LEA's may need unrestricted access to Whois
data when a report such as this one seems to indicate that the FBI is
having some trouble in keeping it own critical networks secure?
See:FBI Needs to Address Weaknesses in Critical Network. GAO-07-368,
April 30 http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-07-368

  Such a report does not engender confidence in other LEA's being
able to accurately evaluate other miscreant behavior complaints or
illegal activity in regards to the internet.  Such reports also give
me pause as to the FBI being able to keep any collected data
secure, as well as how well my tax dollar is being spent.

  Yet I am a firm believer that the FBI is one of the finest LEA's
in the world and they always have had and do have my up most
respect as a LEA, and will always get any and all support I
can reasonably and ethically provide.

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827