ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

RE: Fw: [gnso-acc-sgb] Report for today

  • To: "Hugh Dierker" <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Fw: [gnso-acc-sgb] Report for today
  • From: "Margie Milam" <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 13:43:41 -0600

In my view, cost prohibitive would be something that would require a
significant r&d effort or shift in operations on the part of registrars
to accommodate, without no apparent way to recoup the costs.

All registrars rely on software, either internally developed or licensed
from a third party, to perform their domain name registrations.   My
point is that in developing a WHOIS solution, we need to take this into
account.    Anything that would require a manual process, such as
reviewing affidavits or faxes or other documentation may not be
scaleable, when you are talking about millions of WHOIS records.

Margie

  _____