ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-arr-dt]

[gnso-arr-dt] FW: [soac-discussion] GENTLE REMINDER

  • To: <gnso-arr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-arr-dt] FW: [soac-discussion] GENTLE REMINDER
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 10:45:21 -0400

Regarding the first question from Janis below, we need to provide
recommendations regarding the size and composition of the next two
review teams.  Here are the originally proposed compositions of the two
relevant RTs followed by some questions and comments from me to get our
discussion going.

Security, Stability & Resiliency RT
GAC Chair
ICANN CEO
1 representative each from every SO and AC
Independent experts (selected by the RT)

1.
        Do we want to propose 4 GNSO members for the SSR RT?
2.
        Personally, I am not sure we need that many for this RT but I am
not opposed to that.
3.
        At a minimum, I think we should propose at least two from the
GNSO, one from each house.
4.
        In my opinion, for the SSR RT I think that security experts are
as important and maybe more important than SO representatives.
5.
        One approach we could take is to endorse GNSO security experts
for our slots.

Whois RT
GAC Chair
ICANN CEO
1 representative each from every SO and AC
Independent experts (selected by the RT)
Representative of law enforcement
Global policy experts

1.
        Do we want to propose 4 GNSO members for the Whois RT?
2.
        Because of the significance of this issue in the GNSO and the
differences of views, I think we do need to propose 4 GNSO reps for this
RT.
3.
        I am not sure what a 'global policy expert' is and wonder how
that differs from 'independent experts'.  I think we should ask for
clarification on this.

Note that Janis would like GNSO feedback by 16 May. I am not sure that
is possible.  I do think though that it would be helpful for us to make
some recommendations on the above in time for the 20 May Council meeting
so that the Council can consider the recommendations.

Chuck