ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-arr-dt]

RE: [gnso-arr-dt] RT Permanent Endorsement Process

  • To: "Caroline Greer" <cgreer@xxxxxxxxx>, "William Drake" <william.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-arr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-arr-dt] RT Permanent Endorsement Process
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 07:46:14 -0400

Please see my responses below.

Chuck

From: owner-gnso-arr-dt@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-arr-dt@xxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Caroline Greer
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 10:55 AM
To: William Drake; gnso-arr-dt@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks Bill and welcome back.

While I think Tim's model works fine, equally I would not be opposed to
abandoning one of the two previous 'open' slots but maintaining the
other.  So, we could have 4 SG slots and one open slot for anyone that
did not find themselves affiliated with a particular SG. In which case,
the evaluation team would still have a role, albeit minor. [Gomes,
Chuck]  I can go either way on this (4 or 5 slots) but if we recommend
up to 5, then I think it should be fully open (affiliated or
unaffiliated).

On some of the other issues that you raise Bill, I would leave open the
possibility that a SG could choose not to nominate a representative or
that one candidate could be endorsed by more than one SG. It is not
likely to happen in my opinion but why preclude the possibility.[Gomes,
Chuck]  Agree

I also think no harm in stating the diversity aspirations, if only to
encourage applications from certain under-represented groups.[Gomes,
Chuck]  Strongly agree.

I agree that self-identification ought to be a requirement, am fine with
dropping the time commitment piece but think we ought to specify some
sort of technical expertise / knowledge / background for the Security &
Stability Group. A similar request could well be made for the remaining
RTs but I think that it particularly important for this RT.

Thanks,

Caroline.