ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-cc-idn-tld-rg]

[gnso-cc-idn-tld-rg] FW: [centr-ga] NTIA Notice of Inquiry, Mid-term review ICANN's JPA

  • To: <gnso-cc-idn-tld-rg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-cc-idn-tld-rg] FW: [centr-ga] NTIA Notice of Inquiry, Mid-term review ICANN's JPA
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:53:07 -0500

 FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: ga-bounces+cgomes=verisign.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ga-bounces+cgomes=verisign.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Siavash
Shahshahani
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:37 AM
To: Maria S Mokina
Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxx; Andrzej Bartosiewicz

Hi,
I'm in favor of adding an expression of hope to have IDNs in the root by the
end of 2008. This seems conceivable for the fast-track ccTLD if the
time- lines are kept; the ICANN Board is to have its say on IDNC final report
in Paris(late June) after which implementation process could resume. For gTLDs,
however, these will have to follow the procedure that was discussed in Los
Angeles. I'd be very surprised if an IDN gTLD goes into the root before the end
of 2009.
Siavash

> Dear Andrzej, Siavash, All
>

> Sorry that we haven't answered before. We have returned from the NY
> holidays just today.
>

> We totally support Siavash's input and Andrzej's suggestion to mention
> that we are waiting for Fast Track IND ccTLDs by the end of
> 2008 as well.
>
> In our opinion, the fast track approach is some kind of "temporary"
> solution. So it should be fast, simple and include really short list
> of vital terms for IDN ccTLD introduction. Such as, for example, APTLD
> proposals supported by CENTR. We hope that work at INDC WG will be
> finished with Final report listing exactly these vital terms.
>

> If the normal (full) procedure for IDN ccTLD implementation will be
> very different from the fast track procedure, a transitional period
> should be developed. While this period Fast Track IDN ccTLDs could be
> reformed to the common for all IDN ccTLDs form (IDN ccTLD name or
> manager could be changed then).
>

> As for 11 IDNs testing, its result may be predicted on the base of
> definitions of the application possibilities provided by their developers.
>

> We also think that it should not take longer to make available IDN
> gTLDs then IDN ccTLDs.
>

> Best regards,
> Maria Mokina
>

> Andrzej Bartosiewicz ÐÉÛÅÔ:
>> Thank you very much Siavash!!! I fully agree what you say.
>>
>> If I can suggest something... I would add at the end of the last
>> sentence "... and expects first internationalized ccTLDs to be
>> operational in 2008."
>>
>> Best,
>> Andrzej Bartosiewicz
>>
>> [ www.bartosiewicz.pl   skype: abartosiewicz ]
>> [ tel: +48.22.380.8395  tel: +1.310.817.6567 ]
>> [ ENUM: 0.7.5.1.4.2.6.0.6.8.4.e164.arpa      ]

IPM/IRNIC
P.O.Box 19395-5564, Shahid Bahonar Sq.
Tehran 19548, Iran
Phone: (+98 21) 22 82 80 80; 82 80 81, ext 113
Cell: (+98 912)104 2501
Fax: (+98 21) 22 29 57 00
Email: shahshah@xxxxxxxx, shahshah@xxxxxx