ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

[gnso-consensus-wg] Re: ALL not "Most"

  • To: gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-consensus-wg] Re: ALL not "Most"
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:36:09 +0200

On 3 Jul 2008, at 12:09, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

We can make it as political as we want, or not.

I tend to think we cannot avoid this discussion being political - we are dealing with the balance between competing political interests. That seems to me to be essentially a political debate.

I also think the process of building consensus for political compromise perforce requires a great deal creativity.

So while I don't think we can pretend that this is not a political process, i also think that trying to be creative in our solution exploration might be necessary.

Though i am at a loss at the moment to understand what bit of creativity is going to get us beyond the dichotomies and competing imperatives we face.

a.

a.