ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] Voting Thresholds Update

  • To: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>, "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] Voting Thresholds Update
  • From: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:57:32 -0400

Steve:

Under the ICANN Bylaws, the scope of the GNSO is to be a
"policy-development body . . . responsible for developing and
recommending to the ICANN Board substantive policies relating to generic
top-level domains."

Everything that the GNSO does should be related to this scope.  I don't
see any reason why voting on policy development would be treated
differently with regard to parity than policy approval.  There are
already different % thresholds for different votes along the process
(issues report, initiating PDP, etc.).

Thanks.

Jon