ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Consensus Group Report

  • To: "gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Consensus Group Report
  • From: philip.sheppard@xxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:05:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all,
i was unable to connect for most of yesterday.
Sorry if I seem to have introduced a new problem I thought I was being
clear as to what the BC position had aways been.

I also thought we agreed that we would report on the areas of unanimity
and list those where one or more disagreed saying which party disagreed.
And the issues would be considered later.
What is wrong with that ?

We were not requested by the Board to produce a fully detailed proposal
just a consensus structure - we have done that with great success. And in
greater detail than the BGC managed in months !

For clarity:
BC can not agree to a GNSO chair appointed by nom com.
BC is happy to being listed as a minority objector to a third voting nom
com appointee.
BC is happy to being listed as a minority objector to a third non-voting
nom com appointee.

These were red lines agreed in consultation and I cannot change with out
reference back to our membership.

Philip

PS I do not see a need to reply to our own constituency stateent.