ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

Re: [gnso-consumercci-dt] Deliverables - ACTION REQUIRED

  • To: Berry Cobb <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consumercci-dt] Deliverables - ACTION REQUIRED
  • From: Rosemary Sinclair <rosemary.sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:35:40 +0000

Hi all

I'm flying into Syd early on 31st local time...

My apologies

Rosemary

Rosemary Sinclair
Director, External Relations
Australian School of Business
UNSW
+61 413734490(mobile)

On 11/01/2012, at 8:30 AM, "Berry Cobb"
<mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

CCTC Team,

During today’s meeting, we postponed the agenda item to review the Charter to
ensure we are on track with the work produced thus far.  By my read, we are on
track regarding work effort, but we are past due on committed time frame.

The ICANN Board resolution called for a deliverable date for discussion at the
San Francisco meeting March 2011.  However, within the Deliverables & Timeframe
section it states that we produce an update report to the GNSO Council at the
Dakar meeting, October 2011.  Despite the conflict, we are five months to a
year behind schedule.

Given today’s meeting, it is apparent that we have much more work to complete
and we have an internal deliverable date for publishing the initial advice
letter by 7 FEB 2012.  That gives us just two more planned meetings to complete
this effort.  Supposing we can make the 7 FEB date and open a public comment
period (45 days), the close date will become 23 MAR 2012.  This is optimal, as
the public comment period will still be open post Costa Rica meeting, but only
by one week.  As a backup, we can possibly delay our date to 14 FEB 2012 and
that allows two weeks post Costa Rica.

To complete our deliverables on time, we not only must complete the Advice
letter, but we also have an open agenda item to review each metric within the
matrix to gain consensus on the metric title, level of difficulty, and three
year targets.  I plan to have the next version of the matrix available by
Thursday 12 JAN and Steve intends to do the same with the next draft of the
advice letter.

With the present workload and our pending deadline, I propose that we have a
meeting on 31 JAN 2012 in addition to our planned 24 JAN & 7 FEB sessions.
Please complete the following Doodle poll so that we can determine member
availability.  I feel it will be important for the team to meet in conference
as much as possible to review each metric so that we can gain consensus, as
these support the core definitions.

http://www.doodle.com/6d5gtp459ysx3i7m

Thank you.  B

Berry Cobb