ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

Re: [gnso-consumercci-dt] DomainIncite: "How many defensive registrations is too many?"

  • To: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consumercci-dt] DomainIncite: "How many defensive registrations is too many?"
  • From: Rosemary Sinclair <rosemary.sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 18:43:41 +0000

Hi Steve

I think this is a great answer

Cheers, Rosemary

Rosemary Sinclair
Director, External Relations
Australian School of Business
UNSW
+61 413 734490

On 25/02/2012, at 5:33 AM, "Steve DelBianco"
<sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Tow items for the working group.

First, we mis-stated the target for our first item on page 10, where we said
"Post-Sunrise Registrations > 15%".   This error was politely pointed-out by
two reporters today: Kevin Murphy
(DomainIncite<http://domainincite.com/how-many-defensive-registrations-is-too-many/>)
 and Amy Bivins (BNA).

I told both of them that this was a typo, and should shave read: "Post-Sunrise
Registrations > 85% of total registrations"

I am sure this isn't the only typo in our document, but it is a critical one
since there is keen interest in defensive registration measures.

So I hope that Berry can update the ICANN website today with a corrected
document.

Second, Kevin Murphy asked a follow-up question about timing and targets.  I
answered for myself— not the working group.  But I wanted you to see the answer
I gave (below).   Comments welcome.

-Steve