ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

Re: [gnso-consumercci-dt] updated slide presentation

  • To: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consumercci-dt] updated slide presentation
  • From: Cheryl Langdon-Orr <langdonorr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 10:53:58 +1100

Brilliant Steve....  THANKS So much!

On 06/03/2012 8:02 AM, "Steve DelBianco" <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Team — I took John Berard's advice to do a practice run with our
presentation slides.  On Friday, I presented to a group here in Washington.
 They were familiar with ICANN's new gTLD program, knew vaguely about the
Affirmation of Commitments review, but had no idea about the board
resolution behind our WG project.

 This group gave me lots of good feedback on the slide presentation and the
conversations and questions generated.  For example:

 It took 20 minutes to get to slide 8, since they had lots of questions
about the background behind this "advice" and where it goes next.

 So I added a timeline to show how all these events fit together.  (new
slide 9)

 Parse the definition sentences into their component parts (slides 10 and
12)

 Spend time explaining the high-level metrics (slides 11, 13, and 15)

 Save the detailed metrics tables for reference during Q&A.   They are too
dense and detailed to "walk-thru"   (trust me — I tried! )

  Expand the font for the tables at the end  (slides 18-27)

 These and other edits are shown in the attached slides v2[2]

 Looking forward to our discussion on Tuesday.

  --
Steve DelBianco
Executive Director