ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

[gnso-consumercci-dt] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from CCI 29 May 2012

  • To: "gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-consumercci-dt] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from CCI 29 May 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 14:04:54 -0700

  Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 29 May 2012 Consumer Metrics Call.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I did wonder why Bart was joining
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:  hi there Julie
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:on mute atm
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@Rosemary, do you need a dial out?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:giggle
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks Berry :-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Sigh re the Council and our hopes for support with GAC
update from them / us
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I understand the Council GAC agenda issue. but the update
note???
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:OCL might find
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: it a topic informally discussed betwen some AC's of
course ... sorry message split
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:as ALAC has placed a Consumer definition topic proposed
for its Agenda with the GAC
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I trust this will not upset things as well
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:so were cart before horse with compliance until board
resolution?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:oh well we gave them a heads up at least
  Jonathan Zuck:Sorry. I'll raise my hand next time
  Jonathan Zuck:Perhaps compliance and ombudsman response times?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:on my AC room connect (mobile)  I have no hand to raise
:-(  we are not so great a number here that we can not manage without a formal
hands que. ;-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes perfectvRosemary your coffee is clearly kicked ahead
of mine :-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:but we are measuring what is in this mod definition
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:AND (my emphasis)  the "as well as... ICANNs ability " is
a hot button and fits in imo
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:the costs and benefits bit is firmly in the RT's re it
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:should read re it
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:remit
  Michael Graham:I'd agree with Rosemary -- consier Note addition and last
sentence of proposed def to Advice letter.
  Michael Graham:"consider adding" -- sorry
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and the rest goes to notes/ material for RT work not ours
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and the goes text from the notes does NOT need to be
verbatim from the comments IMO
  John Berard:Need to post apologies as I am being pulled away from the call to
deal with a metaphorical fire
  John Berard:I know we were coming back to the letter at the end of the call
  John Berard:Shall I circle back to Berry for a final take-away?
  Rosemary:for sure!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I'm for 1/16.
  Jonathan Zuck:Which I still feel
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:but an actors behavior can effect multiple T
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:l
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:tlds
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:h
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that would effect Trust in the overall DNS  more
  Jonathan Zuck:I think it needs to be more like percentage of "3 warning"
issues that result in breach to incent them to take folks over the last hump in
enforcement
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hmm
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:interesting point
  Jonathan Zuck:it could also be argued that more breach notices would inspire
confidence because it would show that people's experiences have resulting in
real action
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Yes, but the increase in relative breaches would indict
the gTLD expansion because it would not therfor be "improving" consumer Trust
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Our draft comments always said "Relative incidence" of
breach notices
  Steve DelBianco (BC):we're just calrifying that its realtive to total TLDs
  Berry Cobb:wouldn't the HR customers in .jobs lose trust with the given
breach in .jobs?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes Berry possibly. OR equally the remedial action or
response to the notice may actually increase trust in the TLD AND the overall
DNS system
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup
  Jonathan Zuck:go for it!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The requests for a survey by DoC, dwarf the surveys we
had estimated as being expensive
  Michael Graham:I think this is comment 12 -- though expanded.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:the cost vs benefits IFvin scope is an RT issue not a
definitional one IMO
  Steve DelBianco (BC):a 20 question survey does not cost twice as much as a
10-question survey
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I would see a RT having to contract a third party survey
of course and any annex /expansion to our proposed focus of issues for this
survey as Proposals but can not make it probable that is an RT briefing / scope
to survey creation issue
  Steve DelBianco (BC):ew already had a laundry list of questions.  The USG
just has more laundry
  Michael Graham:As long as we avoid the dirty laundry.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:lol
  Michael Graham:Olivier -- it may be according to how many press releases such
a glitch results in.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:you introduce another factor then: how popular an
incident is
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:lol
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks all
  Steve DelBianco (BC):tahnks all.  Sorry to miss first half