ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

[gnso-consumercci-dt] dobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Consumercci-dt June 13th 2012

  • To: "gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-consumercci-dt] dobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Consumercci-dt June 13th 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:04:11 -0700

  Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 13 June 2012 Consumer Metrics Conference Call
  Michael R. Graham:I will be away from phone for 5-10 minutes at 3:15.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:great follow up on our re it etc., with USG Steve THANKS
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that wrors from terms to use Very with reference of course
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:my auto correct changed Berry to Very sorry
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:how would that sit with you Steve?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:this is a Hot Button for Aus Gov as well
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:so probably more in GAC world   good add Steve
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:you have NOT! Berry I'm shocked!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Very HAPPY
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:AGREE !
  Jonathan Zuck:Yes!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Great work Steve (as ever)  THANKS Steve:-) :-) :-)
  Michael R. Graham:Must take brief meeting -- I will return shortly.
  Steve DelBianco (BC):website traffic is a potenital indicator of trust,
exercised choice, and effective compeition.   User traffic in new gTLDs shuold
be compared to contemporaneous legacy gTLDs
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Works with a spell check, and then we insert the 'where
from language in the column (for #43)
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jonathan Zuck has joined the audio bridge
  Steve DelBianco (BC):targets that accomodate potential overcounting of
defensive registrations
  Jonathan Zuck:I wonder if we could get TM holders to simply report defensive
registrations
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hmm  that could introduce almost as much data bias IMO
  Jonathan Zuck:because they would lie about it? I'm not sure that you
eventually use a tld you felt the need to register, that it wasn't defensive.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:not lie but self reporting data has. bias inherently. and
we are NOT suggesting non parametric analysis on these data sets to  compensate
for such Jonathan
  Steve DelBianco (BC):if it re-directs to the old domain, we capture that in
the 2nd measure
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes Steve
  Michael R. Graham:Back -- had to bill for the past hour.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)  I remember those bill able hours
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:need to switch back to #43 now Michael is back....
  Steve DelBianco (BC):website traffic is a potenital indicator of trust,
exercised choice, and effective compeition.   User traffic in new gTLDs should
be compared to contemporaneous legacy gTLDs
  Rosemary:back now
  Steve DelBianco (BC):website traffic is a potenital indicator of trust,
exercised choice, and effective compeition.   User traffic in new gTLDs should
be compared to user traffic in legacy gTLDs
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup done it to 'death
  Berry Cobb:Rosemary, I'd like to reserve last 10 min to discuss Prague and
the PPT, if possible
  Rosemary:ok
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:happy to add those edits / specifics to the Registrants
survey yes...
  Jonathan Zuck:So if I threaten to publish those photos with you and the goat
and get you to pay me for them, we've agreed on value but it's hard to call it
a "benefit," no?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:well it would help my profile (as a castration expert for
example) <which are the last photos of me and a goat btw pre that is hoof
trimming> so I'd probably pay you TO post the images But should I pay you not
to yes itbISva benefit I've choose to by transoutcome with you to affect an
outcome that vi desire :-)
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Come on, Jonathan.   Waiting on your reply to THAT!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I'm very good at castration one of my recognised skill
szed the itinerate shearer around the district says he recognizes my work :-)
  Jonathan Zuck:Hmm. Any response would require a level of specificity about
the photos that would be inappropriate here. The point is photos you do NOT
want published, did not know existed. Blackmail, in other words.
  Jonathan Zuck:And "no comment" on Cheryl's castration skills. If I've ever
said anything to offend you, I take it back.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and I'm saying paying for that "control" must have
benefit. MEANINGFUL and MEASURED  in $$$ as a benefit YES
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes add it to thevRegitrantvsurveybwork
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:take to the Registrant survey works
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Agree tha twe will NOT do a full cost benefit.   But I
believe we should attempt to measure one critical cost: amount paid for
defensive registrations
  Steve DelBianco (BC):not just survey questions.  I ALSO think we add a row to
measure the registration revenue (at retail) in new gTLDs.  The registrars
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:do they??
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I'd out it right up front under the Exec Summary
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:time check coming up Rosemary...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:were rigtup on the competition section any way so good
prep for next weeks call all good
  Michael R. Graham:Unfortunately, I will not be attending the Prague meeting
in person.  I will  attempt to be online for any meetings or presentationss I
can .
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:frame all the briefing in terms of where we are in PC.
works for me
  Michael R. Graham:Agreed
  Tobias Mahler:yes, we need more time for the last phase
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye all:-)