ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

[gnso-consumercci-dt] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Consumercci-dt 14 August 2012

  • To: "gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-consumercci-dt] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Consumercci-dt 14 August 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:58:33 -0700

  Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 14 August 2012 Consumer Metrics Conference Call.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jonathan Zuck has warned that he'll be a little late for
this call
  Michael R. Graham:Having trouble getting through the conference calling
center hostess.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:I'll warn the operator Michael
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:awaiting dial-out; I apologise for the late arrival
due to previous call running over by a coupld of minutes
  Michael R. Graham:She got back to me.
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Wendy's note is an official comment from the NCSG, which
is a recognized constituency in the GNSO.  Individual comments from smart guys
like Evan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:there was no consencus call or vote for it in the NCSG
however. draft sent as a proposal. yes but no consensus  call however it is a
valid minority report IMO
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:agree to expand note 5
  Michael R. Graham:I am interested in this insofar as I was (and I suppose
still am) unclear how and when a "dissent" or "minority position" appropriately
appears as part of a document prepared by a group.
  Steve DelBianco
(BC):http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=icann.org%20working%20group%20guidelines&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgnso.icann.org%2Fcouncil%2Fsummary-gnso-wg-guidelines-06apr11-en.pdf&ei=zaYqUIiyNYbM6QGJooGIDA&usg=AFQjCNHjwTLU9I-GQtK4FZJDlLkCqLESdA
  Steve DelBianco (BC):The WG achieved Consensus, as defined in WG Guidelines
"Consensus - a position where only a small minority disagrees, but most
agree3".  The dissenting position of two WG members are shown in Appendix C
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:works for me
  Michael R. Graham:The dissenting positions of two WG members are included in
Appendix C
  Berry Cobb:http://gnso.icann.org/en/about/gnso-council.htm
  Michael R. Graham:"Meaningful" refers to the ability of registrant to have a
choice among . . . "
  Steve DelBianco (BC):thanks for hanging aorund for this, John!
  Steve DelBianco (BC):validated ...  legitimate ... good faith ...
  Steve DelBianco (BC):good call on good faith
  Berry
Cobb:http://blog.domaintools.com/2012/08/examining-the-presence-of-unique-domain-names-across-different-tlds/
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thanks Berry
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Moderate difficulty.  Requires snapshot of all legacy
gTLD zones before delegation of new gTLDs
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Requires snapshot of all legacy gTLD zones before
delegation of new gTLDs
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup
  Tobias Mahler:Sorry, I have to drop out now. I learned a lot about English
grammar today :)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-) :-) :-)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I suspect a lot of people will when they read the
report :-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-) :-) :-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:brilliant thanks team :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Bye all.  Thanks for some great work for benefit of the
Internet!
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Hear Hear!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Yes! Yes!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye