ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumers-constituency]

Support the formation of IDN gTLD Constituency

  • To: gnso-consumers-constituency@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Support the formation of IDN gTLD Constituency
  • From: Liying Wang <liyingwang2009@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 00:03:06 -0700 (PDT)

This letter is to express my strong support for the formation of IDN gTLD
constituency. The reasons are listed as below.

1. At the critical period for application of new IDN gTLD, IDN constituency
can more efficiently get all diffrent community's representitve together and
quickly solve IDN related issues  especially on the disputation and
differentiations since IDNs are various in languages, cultures and audiences.

2. From now on, we do need a constituency that represent the stakeholders'
profits and rights whose mother languge is not English and use more often about
non-latin script gTLDs, and this constituency will be able to define in a
better way the needed policies to be proposed inside the GNSO. creating IDN
consitituency is the best choice.

3.The formation of IDN constituency can get the professional experts together
in an official way and guarantee the parties to be engaged in new IDN gTLD
application,  take care of techinical issues and become the leaders in IDN
gTLDs implementation.

As a loyalty inernet user in China, I look forward to seeing more IDN gTLDs
appears on the internet and a direct chanel in ICANN for people coming from
diffrent areas and using their mother language  to express their ideas. I
believe IDN constituency could take the task and reach to the goal of equal
expression opportunity that ICANN has claimed.

Liying Wang
Member of Internet Society of China
05/19/2009