ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg]

Re: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] PLEASE FILL IN DOODLE: Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Charter Drafting Team

  • To: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Dillon, Chris" <c.dillon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] PLEASE FILL IN DOODLE: Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Charter Drafting Team
  • From: Lars Hoffmann <lars.hoffmann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 07:03:32 -0700

Dear all,

I would like to second the various opinions in this thread. I think the key
will be to press forward with the Charter and have it submitted to the GNSO
Council in time for its October Meeting ­ the deadline for which is 30
September. Once the Charter is completed and approved we could start a
proactive membership drive that could potentially involve the various
Stakeholder Groups and Constituency chairs to ask their support in drumming
up WG participation. In addition, as Amr pointed out, participation is
traditionally larger for Working Groups than it is for Charter Drafting
Teams.

As for the GNSO Council call, I have been in touch with Julie earlier today
about the overlap, since both her and I are usually participating in those
calls. Since it is Labor Day today, I am sure that Julie will get back
tomorrow.

Finally, as a suggestion, there is always the possibility to draw up a to-do
list of items yet to be discussed. The Drafting Team could do this via this
email list, which might help in turn  focus the remaining debate and speed
up our next meetings to help meet the 30 September deadline.

Best wishes,
Lars