ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg]

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Actions/Next Meeting: PDP WG on Translation/Transliteration of Contact Info

  • To: "gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Actions/Next Meeting: PDP WG on Translation/Transliteration of Contact Info
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 12:17:54 -0800

Dear PDP WG members,

Thank you for a very successful first call today!  Below are the actions
from today's meeting.  These also are posted to the wiki page for our next
meeting at: https://community.icann.org/display/tatcipdp/09+January+2014.

Our next meeting is scheduled for 09 January at 06:00 PST, 09:00 EST, 14:00
London, 15:00 CEST.  For other places see: http://tinyurl.com/ph4n4fs.  A
meeting notice with teleconference information will be sent via separate
message and a reminder will be sent after the new year.

Actions:
1.  Chris Dillon and Rudi Vansnick have been nominated for the positions of
co-chair and their nominations have been seconded.  If there are other
candidates whom people wish to nominate, or who wish to volunteer, please
send a notification to this list.  We will make the final decision at our
meeting on 09 January.
2.  Steve Sheng will provide a link to the Terms of Reference for the
feasibility study.

In addition, as requested today here are the links to the two Expert Working
Groups whose work is related to this PDP.  These also are posted to the wiki
under the header "Related Links":

1.  WHOIS Review Team Internationalized Registration Data Expert Working
Group: https://community.icann.org/display/whoisird/WHOIS+RT+IRD+WG+Home
2.  Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services:
http://www.icann.org/en/groups/other/gtld-directory-services

Also, prior to the next meeting PDP WG members may find it helpful to review
the following documents, which also are linked to the wiki under the header
"For Review":
1. Working Group Charter: http
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/gtlds/transliteration-contact-charter-20nov
13-en.pdf>
://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/gtlds/transliteration-contact-charter-20nov13-
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/gtlds/transliteration-contact-charter-20nov
13-en.pdf> en.pdf
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/gtlds/transliteration-contact-charter-20nov
13-en.pdf> .
2. Working Group Guidelines:
http://gnso.icann.org/council/annex-1-gnso-wg-guidelines-08apr11-en.pdf
3. Final Issue Report on Translation and Transliteration of Contact
Information:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/gtlds/transliteration-contact-final-21mar13-
en.pdf.
I wish you all a wonderful holiday and a very Happy New Year!

Best regards,

Julie

Julie Hedlund, Policy Director