ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg]

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Update re: Actions/Next Meeting: PDP WG on Translation/Transliteration of Contact Info

  • To: "gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Update re: Actions/Next Meeting: PDP WG on Translation/Transliteration of Contact Info
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:31:11 -0800

Dear PDP WG members,

Per item 2 below, Lars Hoffmann has drafted a work plan for your
consideration.  I have attached it and also posted it to the wiki on the
meeting page at:
https://community.icann.org/display/tatcipdp/16+January+2014.

Best regards,

Julie

From:  Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Thursday, January 9, 2014 2:00 PM
To:  "gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Actions/Next Meeting: PDP WG on
Translation/Transliteration of Contact Info

Dear PDP WG members,

Please see below the actions from our meeting on 09 January.  These also are
posted to the wiki page for our next meeting at:
https://community.icann.org/display/tatcipdp/16+January+2014, which is
scheduled for 16 January at 06:00 PST, 09:00 EST, 14:00 London, 15:00 CEST.
The draft agenda also is posted to that page.  A meeting notice with
teleconference information has been sent via separate message.

Actions:
1. Staff will capture the main points from the discussion pertaining to the
question "why are we doing this?" based on the MP3/Chat Room and add this to
a wiki page. (DONE:  See 2.  Why are we doing this? Is this particular
feature necessary?
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44960108> )
2.
3. Staff will create a draft work plan with a timeline for deliverables for
review during the 16 January meeting.
4. Staff will look at definitions of contact information provided by the
Expert Working Group, IETF, and EPP and add them to the taxonomy page on the
wiki. (DONE for Expert Working Group.  See:
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44958769.)

Also, prior to the next meeting PDP WG members may find it helpful to review
the taxonomies on the wiki page at: 1. What is contact information & What
Taxonomies are Available?
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44958769> .  In
addition, the Status Update Report from the Expert Working Group on New gTLD
Directory Services not only has information concerning defined data elements
(as noted above) but also on legal and jurisdictional issues.  See: Status
Update Report 11 November 2013
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/43983053/status-update-11n
ov13-en.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1384213897000&api=v2> .

Finally, staff have created wiki pages for each of the proposed questions.
These will be filled in as information is added:
1.  What is contact information & What Taxonomies are Available?
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44958769>

2.  Why are we doing this? Is this particular feature necessary?
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44960108>

3.  Who gets access to what information?
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44960114>

4. Who are the stakeholders? Who is affected and what do they want?
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44960119>

5. How much would a particular feature cost and how to weigh the costs
versus the benefits?
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44960127>

6. When would policy come into effect?
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44960131>