ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg]

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Draft recommendations and next meetings

  • To: "gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Draft recommendations and next meetings
  • From: "Dillon, Chris" <c.dillon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 07:42:23 +0000

Dear colleagues,

Since the ICANN London meeting I have been drafting a recommendation document
on translation and transliteration of contact information with the much
appreciated support of Lars, Julie, Marika Konings and others. I am intending
to present it at today's meeting. I shall circulate it about two hours before
the meeting (earlier if possible). I then have another meeting until ours
starts, so I will be out of contact.

The draft is likely to generate quite a bit of discussion. I'm keen that this
is largely done in writing to this list, so that new versions may be discussed
during our meetings on 31 July and 14 August. I am travelling on 7 August and
so can't make our meeting. It may still be possible to run that meeting, if
Rudi is free.

Incidentally, I had been thinking that we were coming out of our "read relevant
documents" phase, but the drafting has indicated a couple of documents we still
need to look at.

Until later.

Regards,

Chris.
--
Research Associate in Linguistic Computing, Centre for Digital Humanities, UCL,
Gower St, London WC1E 6BT Tel +44 20 7679 1599 (int 31599)