ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg]

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting - 23 April 2015

  • To: "gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting - 23 April 2015
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 16:05:16 +0000

Dear All,
Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of
Contact Information PDP Working Group call held on Thursday 23 April 2015  at
13:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-23apr15-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#apr
The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Chris Dillon – NCSG
Jim Galvin - RySG
Amr Elsadr – NCUC Petter Rindforth – IPC Justine Chew – Individual Sara Bockey
– RrSG Peter Green – NCUC Wen Zhai - RySG
Wanawit Ahkuputra - GAC
Roger Carney - RrSG
Pitinan Kooarmornpatana – GAC
Pascal Haddad - Individual

Apologies:
Peter Dernbach - IPC
Rudi Vansnick – NPOC

ICANN Staff
Julie Hedlund
Lars Hoffmann
Glen de St Gery
Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page: http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Nathalie
Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 23 April 2015:
Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the Translation and Transliteration PDP Working
Group on Thursday, 23 April 2015.
  Chris Dillon:Hello, Nathalie
  Wanawit Ahkuputra GAC:Sawasdee Chris , Nathalie
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello all!
  Chris Dillon:Hello, Wanawit.
  Wen Zhai:Good evening, everyone:)
  Chris Dillon:Hello, Wen.
  Chris Dillon:A lovely bright afternoon in London.
  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:Hello, sorry for the late
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello Pitinan, welcome
  Justine Chew:Thanks Chris.
  Amr Elsadr:Hi all.
  Amr Elsadr:@Chris: If you insist. :)
  Petter Rindforth:If not available online, I can quickly  make a presentation
  Amr Elsadr:@Petter: Could you clarify the intent of the change here?
  Amr Elsadr:desirability vs. need?
  Lars Hoffmann:document is up - apologies for the delay
  Amr Elsadr:@Jim: Agree. Also, if the WG deems that there is no need for
mandatory transformation, why wouldn't it be desirable?
  Petter Rindforth:It may be most practical to discuss it online
  Jim Galvin:@amr +1
  Amr Elsadr:Great. And Thanks again Petter.
  Amr Elsadr:Not sure I understand what is meant by marking. Could this please
be clarified?
  Peter Green (CONAC):@Amr,it is my understanding that marking means labeling
the languages of the fields of the data elements
  Amr Elsadr:Roman numbers are I, II, III. 1, 2 and 3 are actually Arabic
numerals.
  Amr Elsadr:Roman being Latin.
  Jim Galvin:right, thanks Amr! mea culpa
  Amr Elsadr:;-)
  Peter Green (CONAC):thanks Chris for clarification
  Sara Bockey:Agree with Amr
  Jim Galvin:We just need to be careful to word things consistently with
existing contracts and requirements.
  Amr Elsadr:A registrant's email address is verified, so that registration of
the domain name is not possible until the applicant verifies that the email is
indeed his/hers/its. Registrars would be in violation of RAA requrierments if
they do not perform this check. And it's irrespective of the language issue.
  Jim Galvin:In particular, not overstate, i.e., guaranteeing that a registrant
is contact-able.
  Petter Rindforth:Yes, Amr, but that is only initially. Many then change
without update - as they need to do per their contract
  Amr Elsadr:@Petter: Yes, but I'm still not seeing the correlation with this
PDP. There is also the issue of privacy/proxy services making it more difficult
to contact registrants. All issues irrespective of languages/scripts.
  Pascal Haddad:hello eveybody and sorry for being late
  Justine Chew:@Petter, not necessariily only initially. Email is also used for
domain name subscription renewal notices. But I agree with Amr, the
"contactability" issue is independent to transformation.
  Petter Rindforth:That (70) is in fact our reply to what Amr just said
  Amr Elsadr:@Petter: There is also an assumption here that transformation will
be accurate/useful.
  Amr Elsadr:At some point, we will need to rework the language in the
recommendations of the final report (based on these discussions).
  Petter Rindforth:Agree
  Amr Elsadr:Can the doc on the screen be desynched?
  Justine Chew:Cheers
  Sara Bockey:thank you all
  Pascal Haddad:Thanks
  Jim Galvin:bye, thanks all
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.
  Pascal Haddad:Bye
  Peter Green (CONAC):bye all
  Julie Hedlund:Thanks everyone -- Goodbye!
  Chris Dillon:Many thanks.
  Wen Zhai:Bye