ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg]

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting 07 May 2015

  • To: "gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting 07 May 2015
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 17:30:57 +0000

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of
Contact Information PDP Working Group call held on Thursday 07 May 2015  at
13:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-07may15-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may
The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Attendees:
Chris Dillon - NCSG
Jim Galvin - RySG
Amr Elsadr - NCUC
Sara Bockey - RrSG
Justine Chew - Individual
Roger Carney - RrSG

Apologies:
Petter Rindforth - IPC

ICANN Staff
Julie Hedlund
Lars Hoffmann
Terri Agnew

 Wiki page: http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Terri Agnew
Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 07 May 2015:

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the Translation and Transliteration PDP
Working Group on Thursday, 07th May 2015.

  Amr Elsadr:Hi Terri. Hi all.

  Chris Dillon:Hello Amr and everyone

  Amr Elsadr:Hi Chris. So you'll be on the call then? :)

  Chris Dillon:This week yes, but not next.

  Amr Elsadr:Ah. I won't be on next week either.

  Amr Elsadr:Haven't had a chance to look over the two documents circulated
yet. Will try to do that by tomorrow.

  Amr Elsadr:The public comments (especially from contracted parties) indicate
to me that more work is necessary before these recommendations are made.

  Amr Elsadr:I like the way Chris puts this -- that marking/machine readability
is desirable.

  Justine Chew:Do we have an idea of how much more work is required to consider
the marking questions?

  Amr Elsadr:I'm guessing the marking/machine readability questions concern the
user interface with the whois lookup service, not the database. I may be wrong.

  Sara Bockey:When you say marking do you mean tagging?

  Amr Elsadr:@Sara: yes, I believe so.

Chris Dillon:@Sara: yes

  Amr Elsadr:@Lars: Not necessarily. Until last week, I wasn't aware that
Armenian has its own script. :)

  Amr Elsadr:Japanese uses different scripts.

  Amr Elsadr:Hiragana/Katakana + kanji.

  Justine Chew:@Chris: In response no. 1 what does "There may be a better than
"accession"." mean?

  Amr Elsadr:I would replace it with "aquiring" in trying to understand this,
or perhaps ask Volker for clarification.

  Amr Elsadr:Not sure if this will significantly change our recommendation,
though.

  Justine Chew:Right, so the word "word" is missing from the sentence "There
may be a better than "accession".

  Amr Elsadr:Yes. In the column on the right. :)

  Sara Bockey:I noticed that the date is wrong on page 4...should be 15
December 2014, right?

  Amr Elsadr:@Chris: Not sure I understood your comment on page 4.

  Amr Elsadr:Ah. OK. Thanks.

  Amr Elsadr:Pascal's SOI doesn't indicate that he is affiliated with any
SO/AC. Might be appropriate to list him as an individual.

  Amr Elsadr:I don't understand that last bullet. :)

  Justine Chew:Bullet text is drawn from comment no. 70 somewhat. Need to ask
IPC.

  Justine Chew:That would be Petter?

  Amr Elsadr:So will the WG response to this point also be included in the
language of the final report?

Amr Elsadr:Again, I'm not sure why we're including the language not in favour
of mandatory transformation in the final report.

  Justine Chew:I think the second last bullet (opposing) isn't really an
argument because there is no justification given. Meaning why best placed?

  Justine Chew:Needs tweaking.

  Justine Chew:@Chris, so you are still inviting feedback on the review tool?

  Justine Chew:Very good, thanks!

  Sara Bockey:thank you everyone