ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg]

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting 28 May 2015

  • To: "gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting 28 May 2015
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 20:51:49 +0000

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of
Contact Information PDP Working Group call held on Thursday 28 May 2015  at
13:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-28may15-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpstVYEtAkUhnqHJbcMva2zeHH-2Bv7-2FzBDOJNU58LuoodoyZkSzsfSfLZVzsE9bMqo91s-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmq9AU6vBlO-2FKr69z-2BxL1esJXgQJzx2Z7O8zoRPTwJ2cokXHnRNTH-2FuX5iGrF8Mu60ByOyo7neht640xaFo9dpoGUtijJHPRNuewYJmFkBM9GbQKBoFGaDlFqw2BoZuJSBQK8jRvviCIcjCx2FsXdPUNu8Rj74vLHpwEkcL1kDNFtvZ7KAqUkD4xcHme-2FqifHV821QDN836i22BUVgWHPzZ3jOsIVzUdoUG-2FwZ8drfsTR5D0IoZaYs7ZoKZYGdpNXe4vDdsrOyMwcxO6anDFD7N33Oq6dSu36yHogqunJ00m1>
On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may
The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Attendees:
Chris Dillon - NCSG
Sara Bockey - RrSG
Petter Rindforth - IPC
Ubolthip Sethakaset - Individual
Amr Elsadr - NCUC
Peter Green (Zhang Zuan) - NCUC
Roger Carney - RrSG

Apologies:
Peter Dernbach - IPC
Justine Chew - Individual
Jim Galvin - RySG
Julie Hedlund - Staff

ICANN Staff
Lars Hoffmann
Terri Agnew

 Wiki page: http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Terri Agnew
Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 28 May 2015:

    Terri Agnew:Welcome to the Translation and Transliteration PDP Working
Group on Thursday, 28th May 2015

  Amr Elsadr:Hi all.

  Chris Dillon:Hello, all.

  Amr Elsadr:Why on Tuesdays?

  Petter Rindforth:I cannot participate on June 9

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Peter g

  Terri Agnew:**Peter Green

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Roger Carney

  Roger Carney:Sorry I am late, Good Morning

  Amr Elsadr:I'm sorry, are we talking about meetings additional to the
Thursday meetings?

  Peter Green (CONAC):Good Evening

  Amr Elsadr:Ah. Thanks. I wasn't aware of that.

  Peter Green (CONAC):Thanks Terri

  Petter Rindforth:Is it possible to have on June 8, instead of 9??

  Amr Elsadr:I'm fine with Tuesdays, but suggest we circulate the question
on-list, to make sure that folks who are not on the call provide input.

  Sara Bockey:either of those days works for me

  Peter Green (CONAC):8 or 9 June both fine for me

  Amr Elsadr:I'm fine with that, but could the on-screen doc please be
desynched?

  Amr Elsadr:Thnx.

  Petter Rindforth:Just so that i understood you correctly: We will at the end
of our recommendation list the topics that we see does not fit into our WG and
recommend - with no further comments - that these are dealt with by another wg?
If so: OK!

  Amr Elsadr:@Petter: I would support that. If there are a number of those
issues identified, I would add a unique recommendations for each one of them,
as opposed to a single list.

  Petter Rindforth:That's what I had in mind. As you say - in case we will end
up with a list of such topics...

  Amr Elsadr::)

  Lars Hoffmann 2:implementation review teams are now 'standard' so the
community will be clsoely involved.

  Amr Elsadr:IRTs aren't actually standard, yet. :)

  Amr Elsadr:But we're working on changing that. :)

  Roger Carney:@Lars, you are speaking of the weirds/RDAP work?

  Amr Elsadr:@Lars: Yes, I understand all this. My question is, are our
recommendations meant to be implemented immediately, or as part of the
implementation of the broader WHOIS reforms?

  Amr Elsadr:Ah. OK. Thanks Lars. That would actually be pretty fine by me. :)

  Amr Elsadr:@Chris: I was under the same impression. :)

  Amr Elsadr:What Lars is saying actually makes a lot of sense to me. If our
recommendations are now technically feasible, then there's no reason why
implementation should be delayed.

  Lars Hoffmann 2:quite right.

  Amr Elsadr:This would be great news for registrants in the Arab world. :)

  Chris
Dillon:https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/53777190/Draft_Final_V3.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1432716326000&api=v2

  Petter Rindforth:I'll send a reminder!

  Amr Elsadr:@Chris: Agreed. This is not accurate, and shouldn't be in the
report.

  Amr Elsadr:That's a good catch.

  Amr Elsadr:Validation of both original and trasnformed contact info is an
actual arguement, which is innacurate. So we would need to take it out, not
just edit it. :)

  Amr Elsadr:We should probably be scheduling this on-list.

  Lars Hoffmann:TO re-cap. Next week's meetings: Tuesday 2 June 13.00 UTC and
Thursday 4 June 13:00 UTC

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.

  Roger Carney:Thanks!!

  Peter Green (CONAC):bye all