ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois]

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] Running behind

  • To: "gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] Running behind
  • From: Don Blumenthal <dblumenthal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 12:35:46 -0500

Hello.

I had planned to use a morning time block to work on materials for this
afternoon's call but was reminded of an ALAC Whois program just as I was
starting. It was an entertaining 1:45, complete with one participant
challenging another to a death match. I think it was facetious. In any event,
it really was a very useful session, with formal participation by members of
this group and the larger WG.

I still plan to send something but, in the meantime, recommend taking a look at
the documents I forwarded from Roy., I have questions about all of them but at
least we can say that we now have at least one document we can point to with
respect to conflicts between Whois requirements and data protection law.

Talk to you later.

Don