ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois]

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] PDP and EWG

  • To: "gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] PDP and EWG
  • From: Don Blumenthal <dblumenthal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:09:39 -0400

Hello.

I need to do a better job of keeping my new gTLD world and this one separate.
Marika is correct about a PDP and there has been more than one effort in the
overall WG to have us focus on what is or what has been done, not on what might
be. The new version of the Base Agreement that was published a couple of weeks
ago eliminates any requirement that a PDP occur before EWG recommendations are
adopted, although it leaves room for one. However, that language is not final.

The subject of concurrent efforts came up a couple of times today. I'll suggest
that we remain aware of them but not let their existence influence what we
decide to say unless they issue results before we have submitted our report to
the full WG.

Don