ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois]

Re: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] Draft Registry Agreement Posted Last Night

  • To: Marie-Laure Lemineur <mllemineur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] Draft Registry Agreement Posted Last Night
  • From: Don Blumenthal <dblumenthal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 19:08:30 -0400

Marie-laure,

I had seen 2.18 but it struck me as boilerplate language like I've seen from
merchants about whether they will share information with third parties. It
hadn't occurred to me that Whois publication might be included, but I guess it
could be. Current gTLD contracts have the same language except that the draft
agreement adds (ii) require such registrar to obtain the consent of each
registrant in the TLD for such collection and use of Personal Data. I will run
the question by our GC group.

I also will look at text edits for your other comments. FYI, one of the current
WEIRDS processes is focusing on security issues.

Don