ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Security/stability questions

  • To: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Security/stability questions
  • From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:39:56 -0500

Bruce:

As we discussed yesterday, here are the questions that I propose we suggest that the SESAC chair address if he is available to brief the council/task force in Mar Del Plata:

1) What role, if any, does Whois play in supporting the Internet's security and stability?

2) What would be the security and stability impact of restricting access to some or all Whois data.

3) What are the requirements of a Whois (or Whois-like system) to fulfill any security and stability role that the current Whois system may support.

Jordyn