ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Agenda for Tomorrow

  • To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Agenda for Tomorrow
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:57:42 -0500

On 3/28/2005 7:35 PM Jordyn A. Buchanan noted that:
Ross:

The original intent was to discuss the report with an eye towards completing the requirements of the PDP for the creation of a "preliminary report", which we spent some time discussing on the last call. (Unfortunately, I'm in e-mail only mode right now, so I can't pull up the relevant language, but there is a requirement for a meeting within 5 days of the publication of the preliminary report in order to try to resolve any substantive disagreements or something like that.)

However, as we've not yet seen the report and we're less than 24 hours away from the meeting, I'm somewhat inclined to take Milton's advice and defer the meeting. However, that leaves us in a bit of a bind as I'm fairly confident that Maria will succeed in
"publishing" the report in the near future, and it will be difficult to schedule a formal meeting of the TF until the week after next, given that many of us will be traveling to Mar Del Plata (and some of us won't, as well). To that end, we'd probably need to advise the council of another deviation from the PDP, but that we would expect to make the report available for its public comment period shortly after Mar Del Plata.

Thanks for the background Jordyn - very helpful. I've started to browse through the report with these goals in mind, but would certainly appreciate some further opportunity to give the document a full read. There is a lot to consider here and I'm not sure that we could do Maria's work justice on such short notice. However, as Maria suggests, a review of the highlights of the document would be very helpful.

Thanks again,

--
Regards,

-rwr

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one indispensable condition for social progress."
- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)