ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] DRAFT redline of recommendation 2

  • To: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] DRAFT redline of recommendation 2
  • From: Thomas Keller <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:56:12 +0200

Ross,

this approach was selected because it was the opinion of the taskforce
that such problems should be dealed with on an individual basis once
they occure and that we should not try to presume what problems might
come up in the future.

To answer you second question the discussion and the present recommendation
relates to the TOR for TF 2

http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois-privacy/tor2.shtml.

and in detail to the Description of the taskforce

There are domain name holders that are concerned about their privacy,
both in terms of data that is collected and held about them, and also in
terms of what data is made available to other parties. In this regard it
should be mentioned that there already is existing local law in several
jurisdictions regulating this matter.

and Tasks/Milestones 4

Document existing methods by which registrants can maintain
anonymity and assess their adequacy. Document examples of existing
local privacy laws in regard to display/transmittal of data. Decide
what options if any will be given to registrants to remove data
elements from public access and what contractual changes (if any) are
required to enable this.

I hope that helped.

tom

Am 26.04.2005 schrieb Ross Rader:

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\     A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w