ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Proposal Premise Presupposes Publication

  • To: "'Wendy Seltzer'" <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Proposal Premise Presupposes Publication
  • From: "Fares, David" <DFares@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:44:59 -0400

Colleagues,

Sorry to be late in weighing-in on this but I have been traveling.  I agree
with Niklas that it is premature to determine whether this is a stop-gap
measure.  I also think that it would be very difficult to set deadlines as
proposed by Wendy.  Many of the issues related to Whois still require
significant substantive analysis.  Moreover it will be incumbent on us to
ensure that any proposal we put forward, assuming that proposals are put
forward, on the range of outstanding issues can actually be implemented (we
have been arguing from the outset that proposal would require a feasibility
study).

David