ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Action point summary of WHOIS TF call - 3May 2005

  • To: "'Milton Mueller'" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Action point summary of WHOIS TF call - 3May 2005
  • From: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 18:14:40 +0200

Milton - these summaries are simply records of 'to do' lists to help people
remember what tasks need to be done.  I am sure that Glen will capture your
statement in the minutes of the meeting.

I don't mean to be unaccommodating but;

1- The action point summaries are a fast-glance set of decisions and actions
to help people get on quickly with what they've agreed to do, and let
everyone else know what to expect.  They don't include statements per se.
Any reference to discussion is minimal and only what is absolutely necessary
to explain the actions.  I am not going to start preparing them with all the
political sensitivities of minutes - it defeats the purpose of the exercise,
makes it take much longer, and is redundant.

2 - I think your point has been made in your email below, making it
unnecessary to change the list of actions decided in any case.

All the best, Maria