ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] ALAC position on Recommendation 1

  • To: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] ALAC position on Recommendation 1
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 05:49:03 +1000

Hello Maria,

I agree that it is important to include the input from ALAC.   Including
this input in the public comment section should be fine.

In future we may want to create a separate section in Task Force reports
for input from ICANN Advisory Committees
(ALAC, GAC, SSAC, RSAC etc).

Note that ALAC is an Advisory Committee to the ICANN Board, and formally
ALAC would submit their advice as part of the Board's consideration of
any recommendation from the GNSO to the ICANN Board.   However it has
been the practice of the GNSO Council to encourage ALAC to provide
liaisons to the Council and task forces, and provide the opportunity for
ALAC to provide its advice earlier in the process - rather than waiting
until the issue is before the ICANN Board for decision.

Regards,
Bruce