ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Fwd: China's Communist Party as surveillance entrepreneurs

  • To: Milton Mueller <Mueller@xxxxxxx>, gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Fwd: China's Communist Party as surveillance entrepreneurs
  • From: "Mansourkia, Magnolia (Maggie)" <maggie.mansourkia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:44:51 +0100

Milton and all-
I thought we were all interested in accuracy.  Since I've been on
maternity leave my understanding may be outdated, but based on previous
discussions and today's call, that still seems to be the case, no??

The description below is certainly alarming but nothing new. In fact,
blocking orders come from all over the world, including the EU, where
privacy protections are paramount.  Please understand that for every
example like this, ISPs can site equally disturbing examples of how
inaccurate Whois data is a shield for heinous criminals such as those
trafficking human beings.  It also sounds like NiteCrawler can take
effect independent of Whois data, accurate or not.

I likewise think it would be interesting and useful to have China's
representatives participate.

Magnolia Mansourkia
Director
Internet and Ecommerce Law, MCI