ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Follow-up items from today's call

  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Follow-up items from today's call
  • From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:36:08 -0400

As discussed today:

(1) Steve and Kathy's latest draft of the Conflict With National Laws policy (and the recommended procedure) to be reviewed on list this week. My expectation is that initial suggestions will be submitted no later than June 16, and that further edits may take place over the next few days. Next Tuesday, we aim to distribute the recommendation to constituencies for formal comment. Deadline for responses would be July 21.

Once we have received constituency statements, Maria will craft a draft preliminary report and we will determine whether or not any changes to the recommendations are appropriate in light of the constituency statements. I am targeting August 2 as a date to vote on the recommendations in the preliminary report, and to make it available for public comments. At that point, a public comment period begins which should run through about August 23. We then would consider whether any modifications needed to be made to the recommendations in light of the public comment. If not, a Final Report that incorporates the public comments would be forwarded to the GNSO Council, probably at the end of August.

(2) Maria will continue work on compiling existing data on use of Whois, but no additional data gathering will be undertaken.

(3) Task force members to solicit constituencies for statements on items #1 and #2 in our current terms of reference.

(4) BC, IPC, ISPCP and IPC reps also to request that constituency members provide information on what information they populate into each of the Whois contact types.

(5) Registrar reps also to request that constituency members provide information on what instruction and guidance they provide to registrants about the correct data to provide for each contact type, and to indicate whether there is default data populated into each contact type.

The deadline for responses for #3, #4 and #5 is also July 21.

Jordyn