ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] REMINDER: suggested revisions for recommendation #2

  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] REMINDER: suggested revisions for recommendation #2
  • From: "Steven J. Metalitz IIPA" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:19:45 -0400

I have no problem with Tim's suggested changes.  I could support them a
bit more enthusiastically if I thought that adopting his changes would
make his consitituency more likely to support the proposal!

I don't think that we are really creating a precedent to initiate a PDP
whenever a conflict arises with local law.  In fact, if a procedure were
in place to address such conflicts regarding Whois (which is all the
proposal now requires), then it seem less likely that a PDP would be
needed, since the existing procedure could simply be adapted for the
non-Whois case.

Steve