ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] REMINDER: suggested revisions for recommendation #2

  • To: "'Jordyn A. Buchanan'" <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Steven J. Metalitz IIPA'" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] REMINDER: suggested revisions for recommendation #2
  • From: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:38:49 +0200

Dear all,

Attached is the revised version of the draft recommendation.  It includes
the clean version of the guidance on a procedure and also Tim's changes to
part 2 (b)of the consensus policy recommendation section.

I have taken the liberty of suggesting a text change to part 2(c) that
attempts to reconcile Tim's concern that the wording implied that the
mechanism must always be used and Kathy's concern that Tim's change could
imply a never-ending process.

The changes to the first section (i.e. the policy recommendation) are marked
in red line.  As requested, the changes Kathy and Steve had previously
proposed for the procedure section have all been accepted.\

Can I ask task force members to let me know within 24 hours if this is an
acceptable wording?  If further discussion is needed, fine, but if this
wording does approach something useful to task force members, then it would
be good to get it out to constituencies for their comments.

All the best, Maria

  _____