ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Fwd: [dow1-2tf] Fwd: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Proposed statement on national exceptions

  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Fwd: [dow1-2tf] Fwd: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Proposed statement on national exceptions
  • From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:53:13 -0400

I think this got distributed to the wrong mailing list, so I'm forwarding it to the new one.

Jordyn

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Milton Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
Date: July 26, 2005 9:36:47 AM EDT
To: <dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

NCUC Statement on "Whois Task Force Policy Recommendation and Advice on
Whois Conflicts with National Privacy Laws."

The NCUC supports passage and quick implementation of the "Whois Task
Force Policy Recommendation and Advice on Whois Conflicts with National
Privacy Laws." The NCUC views this procedure as a stop-gap measure that
needs to be implemented pending a more comprehensive reform of the Whois
service to make it conform to ICANN's mission, national privacy laws
and international privacy norms.