[gnso-dow123] Action point summary of Whois call 26 July 2005
- To: "'Whois TF mailing list'" <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gnso-dow123] Action point summary of Whois call 26 July 2005
- From: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:45:25 +0200
Below are the action points from this week's Whois task force call.
All the best, Maria
WHOIS conference call
26 July 2005
Jordyn Buchanan (Task Force Chair, Reg'r)
Ross Rader (Reg'r)
Tom Keller (Reg'r)
Tim Ruiz (Reg'r)
Ken Stubbs (Reg'y)
David Maher (Reg'y)
Milton Mueller (NCUC)
Reg'r - Registrars Constituency
Reg'y - gTLD Registries Constituency
BC - Business & Commercial Users Constituency
NCUC - Non-Commercial Users Constituency)
IPC - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency
ISPCP - Internet Service Providers & Connectivity Providers Constituency
ALAC - At Large Advisory Committee
Marilyn Cade (BC)
Maggie Mansourkia (ISPCP)
Tony Harris (ISPCP)
Greg Ruth (ISPCP)
Glen de Saint Gery - GNSO Secretariat
Maria Farrell - GNSO Policy Officer
1 Constituency statements on recommendation 2 (conflicts with
national data protection laws)
Not all of the statements had yet been circulated to the list, so discussion
on the statements was postponed till the next call.
* Constituencies that haven't already sent their constituency
statement to the list are asked to do so as quickly as possible.
* Participants should alert the task force through the mailing list if
they believe their constituency statements will propose significant
amendments to the recommendation.
* The task force will work on the mailing list to finalise the
* A formal vote on the recommendations will be taken on during the
call on 23 August or earlier if the statements are received and the
discussion sufficiently advanced.
* Time will be reserved on the next task force conference call (August
9th) to discuss whether the recommendation is ready to be advanced to an
2 Tiered access - documents from task forces 1 and 2
The task force discussed tiered access in the context of documents sent to
the list by Ross Rader and Thomas Roessler. The discussion did not
pre-suppose any specific action on tiered access.
* Ross Rader will research the issue of current registrar
implementations of types of tiered access. The goal is to either document
the issue or propose similar work to the list. Ross will also consider
whether staff support is needed for this work.
* Maria Farrell will produce information on differences between data
elements registrars are required to collect and display.
* Maria Farrell will provide information from a review of work done by
previous task forces on proxy services.
3 Next task force call:
The next call will be held on Tuesday, August 9th 2005 and will deal with:
. Constituency statements and the draft recommendation on conflicts
with national law, and
. Discussion on the purpose of Whois (including constituency
statements on the purpose of Whois)