ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Registrar Constituency Statement on Whois Conflicts w/ National Law

  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Registrar Constituency Statement on Whois Conflicts w/ National Law
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:21:26 -0400

A redlined copy of the edits to the proposal recommended by the
Registrar Constituency position is included as a WORD and PDF attachment
to this document. These recommendations have been reviewed by the
constituency and ratified by a super-majority vote conducted in
accordance with the Registrar Constituency Bylaws.

A summary of the recommended changes is as follows:

1. Section II should be positioned as guidance for the staff in
establishing recommended procedures for handling whois conflicts with
national law. Section II therefore would be a non-exhaustive,
non-binding suggestion rather than a consensus policy recommendation
that must be implemented as written.

2. Section II, Step 2 should include additional language that ensures
that the registrar in question has worked with staff to identify whether
or not a solution exists that satisfies the requirements of local law
and the ICANN policy in question.

3. There are other minor stylistic edits redlined throughout the document.

If there are any questions, please let me or one of the other registrar
representatives know.

On 22/08/2005 9:27 PM Ross Wm. Rader noted that;
> We finally have an official position. I will ensure that it gets
> forwarded to the list sometime after I eat but before I sleep :)
>

> On 8/22/2005 8:38 PM Maria Farrell noted that:
>
>> A follow-up note - I should also have mentioned that the Registrars
>> Constituency hasn't yet sent its constituency statement on
>> recommendation 2.
>>

>> Thanks, Maria

- --
- --
Regards,

                       -rwr

                "Every contrivance of man, every tool, every instrument,
                 every utensil, every article designed for use, of each
                 and every kind, evolved from very simple beginnings."
                        - Robert Collier

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org