ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Consumer protection survey

  • To: metalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, niklas_lagergren@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Consumer protection survey
  • From: KathrynKL@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:45:01 EDT

Steve:  Thank you for sharing this survey, and I look forward to reading it
in great detail.  I note that the deep concern over the sharing of personal
data is also reflected in the survey:  "Identity theft is a substantial concern
for all users polled, causing many to change their Internet habits. Nearly 9
out of 10 Internet users (86 percent) have made at least one change in their
behavior because of fears about identity theft:
       -     A majority of users (53 percent) say they have stopped giving
out personal information on the Internet.
       -   30 percent say they have reduced their overall use of the
Internet. ...."

Same links as below.
Regards, Kathy