ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Re: Conference Call Invitation for 11/15/2005 09:30 AM

  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Re: Conference Call Invitation for 11/15/2005 09:30 AM
  • From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:16:29 -0500

Unfortunately, I've had a conflict arise for this call over the past week, and I believe nearly all of the registry and registrar participants in the TF will have similar difficulty in making the call, so I think we will have to skip this week's call, and go back to a longer call a week from tomorrow (November 21). That will be our last call before Vancouver, so we'll have to firm up what sort of report we're presenting there. Given our current status, this report will probably be a presentation of the competing views of the purpose of Whois, rather than an preliminary report.

However, in order to keep up some progress leading up to Vancouver, I'd like to encourage some more dialogue on the list. Perhaps Steve could present his findings on topic #2 of the agenda (how do we delineate what content the admin contact is responsible for?), if he's had a chance to get some technical feedback on that position.

Also, I'd be interested in hearing various TF members' views on topic #1--can we agree to use the definition from the Whois-tech group as a definition for the purpose of the technical contact?

Sorry for the late notice of this change.

Jordyn