ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Final Preliminary TF Report on purpose ofWhois & Whois contacts

  • To: "'Maria Farrell'" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Milton Mueller'" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>, <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <metalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Final Preliminary TF Report on purpose ofWhois & Whois contacts
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:19:05 -0500

Yes! Now I understand!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Maria Farrell
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 11:00 AM
To: 'Milton Mueller'; jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; metalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Final Preliminary TF Report on purpose ofWhois &
Whois contacts

Dear all,

A few words by way of explanation for the task force vote.

The task force vote is to approve the report as a whole (i.e. not to endorse
a particular formulation) and it's necessary to allow the report to move to
the public comments stage.

At one of the task force meetings pre-Vancouver, it was decided to get
public comments on the formulations to help the task force move ahead with
them.  I have a vague notion that that might have been Marilyn's idea, but
in any case, the task force all agreed that this would be the most helpful
thing to do at this point.

So we're now at the point in the process where the staff manager has
compiled the preliminary task force report, and the task force needs to vote
to approve the report and publish it for public comments.

All the best, Maria