ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-dow123] Attached! Preliminary tf Report Purpose Whois and Whois con...

• To: tom@xxxxxxxxxx, jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Attached! Preliminary tf Report Purpose Whois and Whois con...
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:55:53 -0500

<html><div style='background-color:'><DIV class=RTE>
<P>There is a Council call at 2 EST/etc. on Tuesday. IF the WHOIS TF is also Tuesday, 
then that makes a 3 1/2 hour pro bono contribution day for ICANN. A little heavy on the 
loss of working time for me. </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #a0c6e5 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 
0px"><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,sans-serif">
<HR color=#a0c6e5 SIZE=1>

<DIV></DIV>From:&nbsp;&nbsp;<I>Thomas Keller &lt;tom@xxxxxxxxxx&gt;</I><BR>To:&nbsp;&nbsp;<I>jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</I><BR>CC:&nbsp;&nbsp;<I>gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</I><BR>Subject:&nbsp;&nbsp;<I>Re: [gnso-dow123] Attached! Preliminary tf Report Purpose Whois and Whois con...</I><BR>Date:&nbsp;&nbsp;<I>Tue, 7 Mar 2006 09:36:12 +0100</I><BR>&gt;Jordyn,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;from my perspective as a councilor I would prefer to have it at<BR>&gt;Tuesday.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Best,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;tom<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Am 06.03.2006 schrieb Jordyn Buchanan:<BR>&gt; &gt; Hi David:<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; I think there is a Council call on Tuesday, and previoiusly Councilors<BR>&gt; &gt; have requested not to have the TF meeting and the Council call on the<BR>&gt; &gt; same days.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; If I'm wrong in either assumption, I'm happy to schedule for Tuesday<BR>&gt; &gt; the 14th instead.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; Jordyn<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; On 3/6/06, David W. Maher &lt;dmaher@xxxxxxx&gt; wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; Why Wednesday?<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; This is maximum inconvenience. Tuesday at the usual time would be doable.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; David<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; At 03:30 PM 3/6/2006, Jordyn Buchanan wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;Here's what I think we should do.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;I understand that the report was distributed rather late and that<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;there are some concerns.&nbsp;&nbsp;We are also overdue in getting this report<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;to Council.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;We will postpone tomorrow's call until next Wednesday, March 15.&nbsp;&nbsp;On<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;that call, we will vote and the report will then be submitted to the<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;Council.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;If you have concerns about the text contained in the current draft of<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;the final report, please submit proposed edits no later than the end<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;of the day on Wednesday, March 8.&nbsp;&nbsp;We can use the remaining time to<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;discuss and finalize the changes.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;I believe this is a reasonable compromise and should help us move<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;ahead while addressing concerns about the current language in the<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;report.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;Jordyn<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;On 3/6/06, Steve Metalitz &lt;metalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; I agree with Kathy's proposal and would associate myself with David and<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Tony's postings as well.&nbsp;&nbsp;At a minimum another week would provide time for<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; the staff to fairly and objectively summarize all the comments received,<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; which has not been done in the draft sent just 24 hours before<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; our scheduled<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; call.&nbsp;&nbsp;I also find the staff's dismissive characterization of many of&nbsp;&nbsp;the<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; comments opposing Formulation #1 entirely inappropriate.&nbsp;&nbsp;If the<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; report were<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; to move forward in this form it would send the clear message that<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; participation in the public comment process is a waste of time.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Steve Metalitz<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;________________________________<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; From: owner-gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxx] On<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Behalf Of KathrynKL@xxxxxxx<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 12:59 PM<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; To: GNSO Secretariat; gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Attached! Preliminary tf Report<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Purpose Whois and<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Whois con...<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; I would like to propose we move the meeting until next Wednesday.&nbsp;&nbsp;I think<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; the report deserves to be closely reviewed and the comments<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; discussed.&nbsp;&nbsp;With<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; so many comments, and so much new text, we all need some time to do our<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; work.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; With thanks to Maria and Glen for the report,<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Kathy<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Gruss,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;tom<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;(__)<BR>&gt;(OO)_____<BR>&gt;(oo)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;/|\ A cow is not entirely full of<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; | |--/ | *&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;milk some of it is hamburger!<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; w w w&nbsp;&nbsp;w<BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></div></html>

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy