ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] WHOIS task force addition

  • To: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] WHOIS task force addition
  • From: "Jordyn Buchanan" <jordyn.buchanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:46:19 -0700

Although the bylaws provide no guidance in terms of voting on this matter
(indeed, they provide no guidance on task force voting at all), my initial
reading of the bylaws is that if the Council approves her participation, she
should be treated in the same manner as any other TF representative.  Here
is the relevant language from the bylaws:

a. Upon voting to appoint a task force, the Council shall invite each of the
constituencies of the GNSO to appoint one individual to participate in the
task force. Additionally, the Council may appoint up to three outside
advisors to sit on the task force. (Each task force member is referred to in
this Annex as a "Representative" and collectively, the "Representatives").
The Council may increase the number of Representatives per constituency that
may sit on a task force in its discretion in circumstances that it deems
necessary or appropriate.

I'm not sure if Avri is intended to be appointed as an "outside advisor",
but that seems to be the basis for participation by non-constituency
members, and the bylaws do not seem to distinguish between various types of
TF representatives.

Jordyn