ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] NCUC Procedural Proposal - recirculated

  • To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] NCUC Procedural Proposal - recirculated
  • From: KathrynKL@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 12:21:32 EDT

All:
At this time, I seek to table the NCUC Procedural Proposal.  While I/NCUC
continue to think the proposal raises issues that are relevant and important,
it
is probably not the appropriate next step for our TF.  Public access is the
next item in our Terms of Reference -- I support moving on to its evaluation
and
consideration and I support a meeting on public access in Marrakech.

In preparation for our TF call tomorrow, I would like to put forward a
revised question -- based on the one I raised on our last call and directed to
TOR
#3:
===>  Now that we have a purpose for our database, it is a legal and logical
step to determine whether the data we are making public via the Whois service
is appropriate.  Is the data that is made public required to meet the purpose?

Regards, Kathy

<<In a message dated 4/27/2006 1:57:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,