ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Template for discussion tomorrow

  • To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Template for discussion tomorrow
  • From: "Jordyn Buchanan" <jordyn.buchanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 13:40:25 -0700

Hello all:

A couple of quick notes about our call for tomorrow.

1) Although the original e-mail Glen sent out mentions the discussion of the
test for evaluating the inclusion of contact data, I want to try to keep
that discussion on-list and instead focus tomorrow's discussion on the
discussion about the purpose of the contacts.

2) As we discussed on the last call, we'll be using the OPOC proposal as a
template for our discussions on our remaining work items.  For the purpose
of contacts, this implies several changes that we will discuss tomorrow:
- Deprecating the current administrative and technical contacts in favor of
a single concept of the operational contact
- The purpose of the operational contact is not currently defined.  We need
to develop this definition.
- The proposal retains the concept of a registered name holder.  We need to
define the purpose of this contact as well.

Please let me know if there are any questions about this.

Jordyn