ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Today's conference call

  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Today's conference call
  • From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <JORDYN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 00:31:34 -0700

Hello all:

Due to some unexpected travel related difficulties, I'm not going to be able to make the Whois TF call later this morning. I am going to ask the Task Force's forbearance and request that Glen reschedules the call for a week from today (June 12) at the same time--10:30 AM EDT.

In the meantime, I have two points for further discussion by e-mail:

1) During our last call, we spent some time discussing the purpose of the Operational Point of Contact. We discussed various ways of indicating the minimal requirements of the contact, along with some indication that the contact would likely handle additional types of problems as well. As a starting point for further discussion, I've drafted some language that attempts to encapsulate some of the promising points of our discussion:

"The purpose of the operational point of contact is to resolve, or to reliably pass on data to resolve, operational issues relating to a domain name. At a minimum, this must include the resolution of issues relating to the configuration of the records associated with the domain name within a DNS nameserver. The operational point of contact may also be capable of resolving additional types of issues based on an agreement with the registered name holder to do so."

Someone can probably do a better job with the language, but perhaps that is a useful starting point.

2) Marrakech plans. It looks like we will have some time available on Saturday afternoon/evening, with a larger chunk of time available on Sunday for the TF to meet. Do people feel there would be value in running both sessions?

I believe there are also some potential discussions with the GAC on Monday, but I do not yet have any details about this.

Jordyn