ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] WHOIS task force call at usual time 10:30 EDT, on Monday 16 October 2006

  • To: jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] WHOIS task force call at usual time 10:30 EDT, on Monday 16 October 2006
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:42:50 -0400

Jordyn Buchanan wrote:
Ross:

The "special circumstances" proposal is the one that Steve forwarded to the
list several weeks ago.

Oh *that* special circumstances proposal. Thanks. I had figured it would have been withdrawn right now considering the sheer overhead of administering such a large scale opt-out program - not to mention the myriad of other problems it suffers from.

This is still being given serious consideration? If yes, let me just state now that I'm not even going to try to discuss this proposal with my constituency - they'd laugh me out of the room.

I can't believe the investment we continue to make to protect Mickey Mouse & Co.

Regards,

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
Tucows Inc.